When we’re talking about the perfect savory side dish, we’re talking about roasted mushrooms. They’re incredibly satisfying and rich in flavor. Although there are many flavor options for making roasted mushrooms, today I’d like you to bring my own favorite vegan version – balsamic roasted garlic mushrooms.
When you’re oven-roasting the mushrooms, they get that touch of smoky flavor. And they soak up all the seasoning very well. For this recipe, I used a combination of garlic, balsamic vinegar, dark soy sauce, rosemary, thyme and lemon juice. A little warning – after roasting the mushrooms, your kitchen will smell heavenly.
Besides the easy and quick cooking process, these balsamic roasted garlic mushrooms are incredibly versatile to use. They make a great side dish for almost any savory meal. These mushrooms are perfect with mashed potatoes or rice. You can also chop them up and use in veggie burgers, vegan omelet or even in savory plant-based pies. Your choice. 🙂
This recipe is not only very delicious. Did you know that mushrooms are one of the most effective cancer-fighting foods on the planet? Yes, even the ordinary white bottom mushrooms! They’re also rich in vitamins B, copper and selenium. All in all, mushrooms help to boost your immunity, take care of your heart and even improve your brain function.
Yes, we all should strive for eating mushrooms more often! So why don’t you start with this recipe? 🙂
Balsamic Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
Makes 2 servings
- 0,5 kg (1 pound) white bottom mushrooms, washed and stems trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- a splash of lemon juice (optional)
- a healthy pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F). Put the mushrooms in a bowl, add the oil, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and spices. Combine well until all mushrooms are coated.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a baking paper-lined pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes until ready. Just before serving, splash the mushrooms with a bit of lemon juice.
- There will be quite some liquid left from the mushrooms. Don’t throw it out! Save it for later because it’s a great plant-based seasoning sauce for almost any savory dish.