Sweet plus salty – this flavor combination never gets old. Today’s recipe of salted chocolate cashew butter cups is all about the sweet and salty combo. This recipe is vegan, healthy and requires only three ingredients.
For all the chocolate lovers out there – hang in here with me. These cups are filled with creamy cashew butter and covered in dark chocolate. The final touch is sprinkling some sea salt on top of each cup. So delicious.
It’s no secret that I’m a real dark chocolate gal. I eat a piece of the dark chocolate almost every day. “But chocolate is not good for your body!” you might say. Actually, the opposite is true. Dark chocolate which has 70% or more cacao content has some impressive health benefits.
It’s rich in magnesium which decreases blood pressure, a risk of diabetes and heart disease. Also, dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain and improves brain function. And it turns out that it can help to reduce stress too (of course, you shouldn’t aim for eating the whole bar before the exam).
Ok, we’re done talking about the chocolate. Now let’s make some salted chocolate cashew butter cups!
To make 12 small salted chocolate cashew butter cups you’ll need:
- 1 bar (100g) of dark chocolate (I prefer extra dark with 90% of cacao)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- a pinch of sea salt
- Fill a saucepan with 1/4 of water. Bring to boil. Put a smaller heatproof bowl in the saucepan. Chop the chocolate and put it into the smaller bowl. Make sure that water doesn’t get into the bowl with chocolate. Stir occasionally until the chocolate melts.
- Pour 1 tsp of chocolate into small muffin paper cases. Place in freezer for few minutes until firm.
- Remove from freezer and spoon on 1/2 tsp of cashew nut butter into the middle of each chocolate cup.
- Top with one more tsp of melted chocolate so it covers the nut butter fully. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Leave to set in freezer for around 30 minutes. When ready, take off the paper cases and serve.