You too probably have those mornings when you don’t feel like spending lots of time in the kitchen. What about making the world easiest vegan pancakes? Yes, these vegan banana pancakes require only 3 ingredients, they are gluten-free, healthy and, oh, so delicious.
For this recipe, I used ready-made oat flour, but you can easily make your own. Just pulse oats in a food processor until you get a powder-like consistency. You can also use a coffee grinder for doing this.
These pancakes work great for kids who don’t like to eat their morning oatmeal. When baking these vegan banana pancakes, you’ll literally convert an oatmeal into healthy, fluffy and delicious pancakes that you kids will love!
You can get creative and upgrade these pancakes with any other ingredients. For example, you can mix in some berries or cacao nibs in the batter. Or you can add some extra sweetness with coconut or brown sugar. Feel free to experiment!
To make 16 pancakes, you’ll need:
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make your own by pulsing oats in a food processor until you get a powder-like consistency)
- 1 ¼ cup rice milk (or any other plant milk)
- a ripe banana
- coconut oil or olive oil for baking
- additions: vanilla extract, coconut sugar, berries, Himalayan salt, cacao nibs
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. For mixing, you can also use a hand mixer or a spoon. If mixing manually with a spoon, start by mashing the banana with a fork until you get a puree.
- Let the mixture to sit for 10 minutes and in the meantime, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Spread the pan with some oil and pour a small amount of the batter (about 2 tbsp). The pancakes will be quite thick.
- Cook the pancake and when the side that’s facing you starts to bubble, it’s time to flip. Use a wooden spatula to flip the pancake carefully. Let the other side cook until it’s golden brown.
- Repeat the process until you run out of the batter. If you have a large pan, cook several pancakes simultaneously (I cooked 3).
- Serve the pancakes while still warm. Use your favorite toppings – jam, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut shreds or fresh berries!